Re: [O] org-export raises stringp nil error

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: Re: [O] org-export raises stringp nil error
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 22:21:31 +0800

On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 10:15:07 +0100
address@hidden wrote:

> Just a small reminder of the idea Stefan sometimes drops in these
> discussions:
> - Emacs "trunk" could be stripped of all but the bare essentials to
> achieve bootstrap.
> - distribution tarballs could be made from trunk+elpa.

> Since I dont do releases for Emacs I dont get to have an opinion on the
> matter, but if pressed, I would say this idea has considerable merit.

Sounds fine to me, because my Internet connection is very slow
(especially to Savannah).  It is often a pain for me to perform a `bzr
pull', since it takes a long time.

And there is also another way: Add a command line argument named
`--slim', it can invoke Emacs with only the bare-minimum Emacs Lisp
libraries needed for quick editing.

--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/XueFuqiao