Re: [O] Basic beamer export

From: JBash
Subject: Re: [O] Basic beamer export
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 00:52:49 -0400

Hi Suvayu,

I'm still having problems, but I'm getting slightly different results.  With the same input file, the 3rd level headers are not exported as subsubsections (rather than an enumerate).  I'm still not getting frames.  I've attached the new output (from the same input file)  See inline comments:

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Jerry,

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 02:57:14AM -0400, JBash wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am apparently missing something very basic in the setup for beamer
> export.  I have used http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/beamer/ox-beamer.html as
> a guide and have:

[...]

> in my .emacs file.  As you can see from the attached files, I'm getting
> nested items rather than frames in the exported .tex file for the 3rd level
> headlines, as I'd expect.  I am using Org-mode version 8.0-pre
> (release_8.0-pre-33-g5c25ed and emacs 24.2.1.

I cannot replicate this problem with your example.  I have a few
questions though.

1. How do you check your org-version, M-x org-version RET?

Yes.  I just updated org.  I'm now at:
Org-mode version 8.0-pre (release_8.0-pre-54-gb5a853 @ /user/share/emacs/site-lisp/org)

2. Is the previously attached result with a minimal org setup?  If not,
   you should try that.

 I stripped my .emacs file to a very simple setip.  I've attached it.

3. On first thought, you have a mixed installation and somehow the old
   exporter is taking over.  I would suggest you go over the mixed
   installation FAQ on Worg:

   <http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#mixed-install>

Thanks for this link.  I had not found it before.  As mentioned above, my M-x org-version looks "Good".

"M-x list-load-path-shadows" returns "Wrong type argument: stringp, nil"

Is that to be expected, or am I misunderstanding how to use that function?

I suspect (3) because converting headlines to list is an old exporter
behaviour.  A mixed install can happen if you do not update the
load-path early enough in your setup before you start customising org
variables.  I think the FAQ entry above is not complete since this
information is missing, I'll try to update it when I can find the time.

Looks like you've already done it :).

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu

Thanks for your help.  Let me know if there are other things I can try.

Jerry