Re: [O] Repeated tasks, but only for a limited period (of time)

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Repeated tasks, but only for a limited period (of time)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 09:59:54 +0100

Hi Rick,

Rick Hanson <address@hidden> writes:

> Based your advices, I used org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift for my
> application today -- worked like a charm.  Thanks to the both of you!

Yes, that's what the manual advised too.

But I find your request to be useful in another circumstance: when
there is a repeated scheduled item and a deadline.  In that case, the
meaning should be "repeat until the deadline".

You can now achieve this by setting

(setq org-agenda-skip-scheduled-if-deadline-is-shown
      'repeated-after-deadline)

which translates to: "Skip the agenda scheduled item when it repeats
after the deadline."

This feature is available from master.

Thanks for coming up with this idea and for the clear use-case!

--
 Bastien