[O] Alignment in `org-list-dt'

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: [O] Alignment in `org-list-dt'
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 17:06:00 +0100

Hello,

I'm surprised by the way the alignment occurs for DT lists in Org buffers.

Here is an ECM:

- Alt text :: Text description of a graphic that appears before the graphic is
              loaded into the browser. After an image has been downloaded on
              the browser, the alt text may briefly appear over the graphic as
              you rollover the mouse over the graphic.

- Anchor <a> :: The anchor tag is used to define a hypertext link.The anchor
                tag is used to define a hypertext link.

- Angle brackets ::
                   less than (<) and greater than (>) symbols used to surround
                   an element to create a tag.

After "Angle brackets", I added a newline and TAB'bed. What special is that
the cursor is positioned 1 char too much to the left IMO.

On an esthaetic POV, I don't find the above paragraphs (obtained thru `M-q',
bound to the command `fill-paragraph') as nice to read as they could or
should. Once you have a longer term, the definition must stay within a very
narrow column...

I prefer what the standard TAB'ing or M-q'ing does (_I don't understand_ why
it's that different) on the following ECM:

- =:results replace= ::
     (default option) Insert results after the source block, replacing any
     previously inserted results.

- =:results silent= :: (default for Org results) Just send the commands, still
     echo the results in the minibuffer (to see code block output) and go.
     This option was originally added in the case where one *does not want to
     change the Org-mode buffer* (*no results are inserted* into the Org mode
     buffer -- even during export).

- =:results none= :: silent even for the minibuffer. Such a code block is run
                   for its side effects (by definition).

Only that last list item is not indented as nicely as the others (2 chars to
the right). Dunno why?

For info, if the "for" (first word on the second line) is not directly under
the "silent" (first word on the first line), that's not the case in my Org
file, because I use to hide the markup characters.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban