Re: [O] multiline emphasis, was: Re: latex italics in list, with quota

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] multiline emphasis, was: Re: latex italics in list, with quotation marks
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 17:51:03 +0100

Hi all,

address@hidden (W. Greenhouse)
writes:

> A less pleasant/even worse way (practically heresy in some circles,
> though some Org users do it) would just be to compose your documents
> using visual-line-mode instead of auto-fill-mode.  Then whole paragraphs
> are one "line."

... and a deepest fix would be to re-implement markup fontification
with a proper use of `font-lock-fontify-region-function'... if anyone
feels ready to put a stab at this, he has my full support and will
fix a historical limitation of Org's code.

PS: The current way multiline markup is fontified is buggy because
it feels random, but it is correct under some conditions.

--
 Bastien