Re: [O] A mix of habits and effort estimates?

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] A mix of habits and effort estimates?
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 22:59:18 +0100

Hi Marcin,

Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> Bastien <address@hidden> napisaƂ(a):
>> Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > Is such a thing possible in Org-mode?
>>
>> Did you check (info "(Org)Tracking your habits") ?
>
> As I mentioned (though only in the subject), yes. This is close, but my
> point is not "I want to do this at least once each three days" or something
> like this, but rather "I want to spend at least 180 minutes every week on
> this" - regardless of days. Of course, I could do it with the habits module
> (and if there's no other solution, I will do it like this), but what I'd
> like to have is actually a mixture of habits and effort estimates/clocking.

No problem for that.

- For the sake of facility, give a unique tag to your "educational" task

- Clock to your task each time you work on it

- Whenever you want to check whether you did work enough or not, launch the
  agenda view for the current week (`v w' in case you say the current day by
  default)

- Ask for the display of the clock report (`C-u R')

- Filter on your educational task

Have fun!

Best regards,
  Seb