Re: [O] Bug with automatic alignment of table columns in HTML export

From: Kodi Arfer
Subject: Re: [O] Bug with automatic alignment of table columns in HTML export
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 15:39:22 -0400

On 2013 Mar 19 Tue 1:26:13 PM -0400, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Kodi,

Kodi Arfer <address@hidden> writes:

Consider an Org file with the following content:

|   a | b |
|-----+---|
| 100 | 1 |
|   1 | 1 |
|     | 1 |
|     | 1 |
|     | 1 |
|     | 1 |
|     | 1 |
|     | 1 |

Within Emacs, Org right-aligns the left column, as it should, since most
nonempty cells in the column are numeric. In HTML export, though (starting
from "emacs -Q -l /tmp/minimal-org.el"), the column comes out
left-aligned. The problem seems to be with how the exporter treats empty
cells, since if you put numbers in all the empty cells above, the column
comes out right-aligned in HTML export.

Fixed, thanks.

You're quite welcome. That was prompt! I see this case now works in master. The catch is that there are still some cases which give inconsistent alignment between Emacs and HTML export, such as:

|   a | b |
|-----+---|
| 100 | 1 |
|   1 | 1 |
|   1 | 1 |
|   1 | 1 |
|   a | 1 |

I believe the heuristic used for in-buffer display is that empty cells are ignored entirely when doing the comparison against org-table-number-fraction.