Re: [O] GFDL

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] GFDL
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 20:55:23 +0100

Dnia 2013-03-20, o godz. 16:25:25
Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> napisaƂ(a):

> Can you send me the intermediate .tex file?  (If not, write me that -
> I'll try to install texi2dvi on my box.)

OK, my fault; I thought that the process looks like this: .texi ->
.tex -> dvi/pdf.

So.  I am not an expert at texinfo - and it seems that it is not very
configurable - but I managed to devise this (very ugly) hack:

@c put this at the beginning of doclicense.texi
@tex
\global\font\legalese=cmr5
\global\font\legalesett=cmtt5
\global\font\legalesesl=cmti5
\global\let\rm=\legalese
\global\let\tt=\legalesett
\global\let\sl=\legalesesl
\global\baselineskip=6pt
\global\legalese
@end tex

It has still a few problems: one font is not changed (and I tried a
few tricks to change it - to no avail:(...) - I'd suggest dropping the
slanted style on the last page; the copyright sign is broken (I'd
suggest using (C) instead); the header is also set in smaller font
(and I have no simple idea how to circumvent it; I guess it would be
doable, after some digging in texinfo.texi - not this time, though,
sorry).

The problem is, that plain TeX (unlike LaTeX) does not have any font
management/selection system - just mapping commands to filenames.  On
top of that, texinfo.tex uses its own system (which I don't have
enough time now to fathom).  A mess, in one word.

HTH anyway

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University