Re: [O] [BUG] ob-sql.el: probably an extra paren

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] ob-sql.el: probably an extra paren
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 08:36:34 +0100

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 21.03.2013 18:59, schrieb Bastien:
>> Please see my reply to Yagnesh.
>>
>> It clearly describes a situation where automatically running tests
>> with a pre-push hook would be a problem.
>
> You keep mentioning a pre-push-hook to be run on the developers
> machine.

That's what have been proposed by Sébastien:

  Isn't it possible to put such in some sort of Git pre-commit hook
  (or pre-push hook), so that it gets automatically enforced?

He was replying to Nick who proposed that developers always run
make test before pushing.

> However, the test would run on the server and determine whether to
> accept the commit into the repo or not.

I'm fine with a server-based solution.

> All your further arguments seem to
> be based on that misunderstanding, so I won't comment on them.

Maybe the server-side solution was so obvious to you that you didn't
realize we (Sébastien, Nick, me) were discussing something else.  So
I'll just assume you agree with my argument against the developer-side
pre-push hook then, good.

> As for Travis CI: a website that shows absolutely nothing when JavaScript
> is turned off?  No, thanks.

Do you know any free (as-in-speech), easy-to-use alternative?

--
 Bastien