Re: [O] python sessions

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] python sessions
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 20:29:04 -0500

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 5:07 PM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
> Andreas Röhler <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Am 21.03.2013 08:43, schrieb Bastien:
>>> Hi Andreas,

>>> I've not been following this thread, can you send a patch with
>>> the fix and the reason for it?  Thanks in advance!
>>>

>> Hi Bastien,
>>
>> unfortunately my org-environment isn't ready yet for developing.
>> Might take some time, but I'm on it.
>
> I also haven't been following this thread.
>
> Forgetting a patch for the moment, is it possible to conclusively state
> that there is or isn't a bug in the current ob-python handling and
> naming of sessions?  If there is, is there a recipe for reproducing this
> bug?
>

>From participating in evaluating code throughout the discussion and
catching the comments throughout, I'd say yes, at least in terms of
how other babel languages function. In other words =#+begin_src R
:session foo= creates an R session named "foo" whereas doing the same
with =python= instead of =R= does not yield a named session.

>From what others experienced, however, the functionality was working
correctly (results were persistent across blocks and two differently
names blocks created two different sessions), just not named
correctly.

John