Re: [O] [BUG] [ODT] Annotations break paragraphs

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] [ODT] Annotations break paragraphs
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 22:59:44 -0700

Hi Christian,

On 3/21/13, Christian Moe <address@hidden> wrote:
> The new exporter adds paragraph breaks around the anchor for the
> marginal comment. This is the wrong behavior in all cases. These
> comments are meant to be anchored inside paragraphs that are not meant
> to be broken. (Using a fresh Org-mode version 8.0-pre on Emacs 24.3.1.)

A similar issue arises with inline footnotes.

Over the years I have built a lot of documents, each a
subtree, that use them.  To me, this naturally and
definitely looks like a single paragraph with a 2-paragraph
footnote, regardless of what the new exporter thinks:

  a[fn::b

  c] d e.

In my case I was able with Nicolas's supplied code to create a hook
that normalized footnotes before export.  Maybe extracting in a hook
will work for you.  However, I fear that incorporating the parser into
the font lock engine will break these paragraphs.  :(

Samuel

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY
can get it.  There is NO hope without action.  This means YOU.