[O] Setupfile regression?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [O] Setupfile regression?
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 10:14:08 +0100

Hi,

I am reading Bastien's writeup about upgrading to 8.0.  There I see this part:

#+SETUPFILE: myfile     ->     #+INCLUDE: "myfile"

However, if I do this replacement, one of the purposes of #+setupfile no longer works.  The idea was to be able to have a file with lines like #+TODO and #+TAGS, so that some central file specific setup is possible in this way.  In particular, when a file is loaded and scanned for setup information, files defined by #+setupfile will be parsed as well.  This still works currently, but I read Bastien's document as an intention to remove this property?  Or to at least no longer treat such files as include files during export?

I have tried, and #+include files are *not* scanned for setup information.

I would like to know what the plans are here.

Thanks.

- Carsten