Re: [O] Can I clone worg using http protocol?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Can I clone worg using http protocol?
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 08:49:52 -0500

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 4:17 AM, Achim Gratz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am 24.03.2013 18:52, schrieb John Hendy:
>>
>> $ git clone http://orgmode.org/w/worg.git
>

> Try
>
> $ git clone http://orgmode.org/r/worg.git
>
> (note how the "w/" changes to an "r/").

#+begin_example

$ git clone http://orgmode.org/r/worg.git
Cloning into 'worg'...
fatal: http://orgmode.org/r/worg.git/info/refs?service=git-upload-pack
not found: did you run git update-server-info on the server?

#+end_example

Having not much of an idea of what I'm doing, I also tried:

#+begin_example

$ git update-server-info http://orgmode.org/r/worg.git
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

#+end_example

Thoughts?
John

P.S. Ideally, I'd like to clone with ssh/push access via http as well.
I'd love the http alternative to (if that's possible):

$ git clone address@hidden:worg.git