Re: [O] Org-mode as a replacement for Google Reader

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode as a replacement for Google Reader
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 15:46:28 +0100

* Samuel Loury <address@hidden> wrote:

> Let me propose another way to fulfill the same need:

Sure!

> To my mind, there is not much difference between fetching unread rss and
> fetching unread mails. Then why bother trying to duplicate the effort in
> mail readers and rss readers?

Good point.

> I use feed2imap for 2 years now and it works really well. It is a ruby
> script that sync your rss (atom) feeds and put new resources on an imap
> server with a specified label. Nonetheless, AFAIK, It does not provide a
> way to get to the full content of the resources like Full Text RSS does.
[...]

OK. New to me, thanks for the pointer!

> My proposal relies on a server constantly connected to the Internet and
> updating some imap account with the rss items. I guess you may want a
> more "decentralized" solution with a sync between android and emacs.

Not necessarily. I do have access to such a server but it is quite
loaded and the admin does not want to install additional services
that adds something to the load. I will negotiate with him :-)

> If it is the case and you find a solution providing that, I would love
> to read it in that mailing list.

If I find something related to Org/Emacs/feed2imap, I will follow
up here.

--
Karl Voit