Re: [O] [BUG] [ODT] Annotations break paragraphs

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] [ODT] Annotations break paragraphs
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 09:40:45 +0100

Nicolas Goaziou writes:
>> Minor cosmetic annoyance: An extra space is inserted
>> before the annotation.
>>
>> Pending the introduction of a dedicated syntax, could we have this fix
>> in master please?
>
> Sure, but, if it's not too much work, I'd like the extra space removed
> first. Do you have an idea about the XML reason behind this?

Yes, there's a newline inserted before the opening <office:annotation>
tag. I guess that since it's inside a <text:p> tag, it gets interpreted
as whitespace that's part of the text, and collapsed to a space. But the
newline is only there to make the XML more readable, so it's expendable.

Sorry, I really could have taken the ten minutes to investigate that
before my previous message.

Yours,
Christian