Re: [O] :session question - a simple PATCH

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] :session question - a simple PATCH
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 10:59:52 +0100

Am 28.03.2013 20:35, schrieb Andreas Leha:
so it seems, currently, I (and John...) can not have both, /file local/
and /language local/ variables.

- The emacs-lisp-block
   #+begin_src emacs-lisp
     (setq org-babel-default-header-args:R
           '((:session . "org-R")))
   #+end_src
   works, of course, but sets the R-session globally.

- The file-local variables (both way to set them) choke on the colon in
   the varible name.

You could use

eval: (setq etq org-babel-default-header-args:R '((:session . "org-R")))

instead of setting the variable directly.

I do not know where to search for the reason, these variables work for
Eric but not for me (and John...).

I don't think they work for Eric if he tries to set them as file variable.

So attached is a simple patch (search-and-replace) that renames all
org-babel-default-header-args:* variables to
org-babel-default-header-args-*

In keeping with the spirit of the original naming I'd suggest switching from ":" to "/". I still think this is a bug in how Emacs evaluates the local variables, but since it has been that way for ages it probably has become a feature.

Regards,
--
Achim.

(on the road :-)