[O] Advice on writing a refile to heading function?

From: Martin Owen
Subject: [O] Advice on writing a refile to heading function?
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 12:51:00 +0000

Hi,

I am writing a Pomodoro minor mode on top of org-mode. I'm planning to maintain
an Activity Inventory with estimates against each item and move items into a
Todo Today heading each day as I progress through them. The approach is based on
the Pomodoro approach suggested in this book:
http://pragprog.com/book/snfocus/pomodoro-technique-illustrated.

My problem is, as I plan to do a lot of refiling, I wanted to write a function
that will take a heading regular _expression_ and refile the subtree at point underneath
it. I am finding this to be difficult, and am wondering if anybody can offer me
any advice? Is it even possible to refile a subtree to a point using Emacs Lisp?

I've posted my code here: https://gist.github.com/mowen/5225169 My approach uses the org-cut-subtree and org-paste-subtree functions, but it doesn't work in all situations. You can see this from the org-pomodoro-refile-up test which is currently failing.

Thanks in advance,

Martin