Re: [O] Carsten's Interview relates questions, esay insert images, attac

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: [O] Carsten's Interview relates questions, esay insert images, attachemnt locations etc..
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 20:39:04 +0000

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 6:33 AM, Carsten Dominik
<address@hidden> wrote:

> On 27.3.2013, at 04:52, Charles Berry <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> After running that block, I move to my *.org buffer, make sure there is an
>> 'images' directory in M-x pwd RET, make sure I have an image somewhere on my
>> desktop, then move my cursor to where I want a link to an image. C-c p
>> launches
>> the screenshot utility on my Mac ("/usr/sbin/screencapture -s " --- other
>> OS'es
>> will have something similar) and I make a selection. It displays in my org
>> buffer, but I can toggle that off with M-x org-toggle-inline-images.
>>
>> It really helps in reviewing an article with lots of equations to just clip
>> them out as I read and add a few notes.
>

> This looks pretty nice, gives me a lot to think about.  Thank you!

To add diagrams while taking notes, how about making babel understand SVG?

- It's just text/xml so it can be embedded right in the org document
- The output of executing svg can be the image, which is natively
supported by emacs
- HTML also natively supports embedded svg

Of course you don't want to doodle by hand-writing xml, so the output
image could be made clickable, which would dump the xml to a tmp file,
open inkscape on it, then re-import it when inkscape exits. The export
defaults for babel svg could be that the src is not exported, but the
result output is.