Re: [O] Visibility cycling applied on several windows

From: Francesco Pizzolante
Subject: Re: [O] Visibility cycling applied on several windows
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 12:33:55 +0200

Hi Christopher and Thorsten,

Thanks for your replies.

Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:
>> maybe this is what you need (untested):
>>
>> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Indirect-Buffers.html
>
> No, an indirect buffer shares its parent's text properties.

It's true: the indirect buffer shares its parent's text properties.

But, the visibility cycling is applied only in the active window: either in
the main buffer or in the indirect buffer but not in both windows at the same
time. So, it works as expected to me. Thanks for the trick!

But this trick seems like a workaround to meĀ : using visibility cycling in one
window should not affect another window, isn't it?

Thanks for your help.

 Francesco