Re: [O] yanking a headline in folded state

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] yanking a headline in folded state
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 21:18:44 +0200

42 147 <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello mailing list,
>
> A source of slight irritation is killing a whole headline with C-k
> (usually to move it to another buffer), and seeing it unfold every
> single sub-headline after I yank it to its new position. This causes
> tremendous chaos sometimes, especially if there are a number of nested
> sub-headlines, and the killed headline itself needs to be adjusted to a
> deeper / shallower level (depending on where I inserted it).
>
> So in fewer words: how do I yank a headline in its folded state?

In my Emacs I have the following.  Would that work?

"C-c C-x C-w runs the command org-cut-special, which is an interactive
compiled Lisp function in `org.el'.

It is bound to C-c C-x C-w, <menu-bar> <Org> <Edit Structure> <Cut
Subtree>, <menu-bar> <Tbl> <Rectangle> <Cut Rectangle>.

(org-cut-special)

Cut region in table or cut current subtree.
Calls `org-table-copy' or `org-cut-subtree', depending on context.
See the individual commands for more information."

--
The Kids call him Billy the Saint