Re: [O] Org-mode as a metalanguage: calling SQL "functions"

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode as a metalanguage: calling SQL "functions"
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 07:50:02 +0200

Am 02.04.2013 23:54, schrieb Eric Schulte:
Gary Oberbrunner <address@hidden> writes:

Aha -- you have to use the :var syntax on the begin_src line, not the
params-in-parens syntax on the name line.  Your version works:

#+name: example-block
#+begin_src sh :var input=""
   echo "input is $input"
#+end_src

but this doesn't:

#+name: example-block(input="")
#+begin_src sh
   echo "input is $input"
#+end_src

The doc seems to say it should work the same, in
http://orgmode.org/manual/var.html (see "Alternate Argument Syntax").

At this point I'm not sure if the documentation or the code should be
amended.  I've personally never liked the args-in-block-name syntax, but
I don't recall if we formally decided to abandon it, or if it has simply
been broken in a recent commit.

Hi Eric,

AFAIU exist considerable backsides when allowing this args-in-block-name.

As languages differ, you must write some translations for every lang somehow,
i.e, re-invent it's
handling.

Also can't see a meta-languags than, it would mean address other languages from
an Org dialect.

A major backside already visible it breaking the legibility of native languages
code.
Org constructs are not easier to read than native lang, it's more difficult
with that lined-up args lists.

Andreas