Re: [O] I have terminated my assignment

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] I have terminated my assignment
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 08:10:35 +0200

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

> For the sake of record, I haven't authorized Bastien to move the
> ox-html.el and ox-odt.el out of the ./contrib/lisp directory in to the
> main ./lisp/ directory.  He didn't seek my permissions to move the file
> away from contrib/lisp in to lisp/.

1. Nicolas announced the merge of new exporters on Feb, 2nd
   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/65574

   As a contributor to org-e-html.el and org-e-odt.el, you
   perfectly knew the merge will end up in putting ox-html.el
   and ox-odt.el in lisp/.

   If you didn't want the files to go into core, you should
   have said it at this time.

   We never received a word from you suggesting that you may
   refuse to merge your changes into Org's core.

2. You were well aware of the merge since you participated in
   the discussions that followed:

   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/65728
   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/65872

So -- Nicolas and I had absolutely no reason to believe that
you would oppose to merging your changes into lisp/.

You also stated that the main reason for your current behavior
is to delay Org 8.0, to create chaos and to annoy me.

I don't think your strategy is very well-thought, because all
your moves may only annoy Emacs developers, not me.  I'm fine
with releasing ox-html.el and ox-odt.el in Org 8.0.

--
 Bastien