Re: [O] Export a Subtree to an other .org file

From: Hsiu-Khuern Tang
Subject: Re: [O] Export a Subtree to an other .org file
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 14:36:41 -0700

* On Wed 03:35PM, 03 Apr 2013, John Hendy (address@hidden) wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Steve Prud'Homme <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Message :
> > No command associated with key  ^S
> >

> Bastien's response was for the new exporter and your C-e 1 command
> indicates you're not using that version yet. I'm on the new exporter,
> so I can't recall what old options looked like, but from the manual
> could you try ASCII?
> -
> http://orgmode.org/manual/ASCII_002fLatin_002d1_002fUTF_002d8-export.html#ASCII_002fLatin_002d1_002fUTF_002d8-export
>
> Perhaps you could just export that to a buffer and then save as *.org
> instead of the default export format of .txt?

I think the ascii export does not produce a file in Org format.

The old exporter function org-export-as-org may do the trick for Steve.

I too find it useful to export to org, and would love to see this implemented
in the new exporter.  I rely on this together with the SELECT_TAGS and
EXCLUDE_TAGS keywords to create an Org file with a subset of the headings, not
just a subtree.  Is there a new exporter function that does this?

--
Best,
Hsiu-Khuern.