Re: [O] Attributes on HTML tables?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Attributes on HTML tables?
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 20:46:29 +0200

Hello,

Christian Moe <address@hidden> writes:

> Bastien writes:
>> You need to use :options now:
>>
>>   #+CAPTION: This is a table with lines around and between cells
>>   #+ATTR_HTML: :options border="2" rules="all" frame="border"
>
> Oddly, this doesn't work for me at the moment. I'm running
> release_8.0-pre-344-g882454, pulled this morning. (It /could/ be just
> me; I seem to have some unresolved installation issues.)
>
> When I export, both the defaults /and/ the "options" are applied,
> resulting in duplicated attributes, like this:

>   frame="hsides" border="2" rules="all" frame="border">

This is a bug.

> The documentation currently up on Worg
> (http://orgmode.org/worg/org-8.0.html#sec-8-3), which seems to say we
> should now use plists for HTML attributes. But that currently doesn't
> work for me either.
>
> Sorry if you've heard this before, but this doesn't make sense to me as
> a new syntax:
>
>   #+ATTR_HTML: :options attribute="value"
>
> It's not just more verbose than the old way, it's redundant to say both
> "attr" and "options", since all it does is set attributes.

Actually, that's not the spirit. The idea is to define some widely used
attributes that will be written directly like:

  #+attr_html: :border 0 :width 400

Then, :options attribute is used as a bucket for every other attribute,
since we cannot support all of them.

Unfortunately, no attribute is current recognized in table HTML
transcoder. It needs to be improved.

If Someone provides a list of such attributes, I can implement it.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou