Re: [O] Org as a static site generator

From: 'Mash (Thomas Herbert)
Subject: Re: [O] Org as a static site generator
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 10:17:04 +0100

On 2013-04-01 13:12+0200, David Engster wrote:
> I'd like to use Org as a static site generator. I know quite a few
> people use Org to manage their sites, so I'd like to know what's already
> available and what I'd need to add to make this working properly.
>
> I know of course how to export a bunch of Org files to HTML through the
> publishing features. However, that's not really cutting it, I'm afraid.

> and <article>. I'd like Org to include the different exported files into
> the <article> section, and the rest to remain the same. The <nav> would
> contain a global navigation menu, also highlighting the current active
> section (though CSS, no JS please).
>
> Has anybode done something like this?
>
> -David

I rolled my own called "Orgile".

http://toshine.org/etc/orgile-emacs-org-mode-file-html-parser-php-publishing-tool/

I would love someone to help me develop "classOrgile.php" the org-mode
file to HTML parser can be used as a stand-alone PHP class in what
ever tool you want.

I am not much of a developer so this is a garden-shed effort, but as
you can see with http://toshine.org it turned out pretty clean, and
allows me to stay in Emacs and just push up the .org file via Git and
Orgile does the rest.

Note: I have tweaked my current Orgile code on my current site versus
the public version on github, so may need to compare the two and
republish to github.

'Mash