Re: [O] agenda: personal priority for today

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] agenda: personal priority for today
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 09:04:39 +0200

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Bausch <address@hidden> writes:

> I have got another idea: all we need for sorting (from a technical POV)
> is a partial order.  Why not store exactly that as a property?  Assume
> every TODO entry has an ID (if it has none and it is required to store
> the order, just create one automatically).  Then if an entry on the
> agenda is reordered, store in a property (e.g. AGENDA_BEFORE), the IDs
> of the items that should be sorted after the moved item.  To keep things
> minimal, maybe store only those IDs, which are absolutely required to
> enforce the desired position.  But for an easy and effective
> implementation, it is also feasible to store all IDs of the currently
> visible items that should sort after the moved item.  Maybe the IDs need
> to be prefixed with a filename or better a file ID so it works on
> different machines with different directory layout.  Otherwise the IDs
> would need to be globally unique (which is not bad by its own, when
> items may move between files.)

Yes, I see the idea.  But one Org headline can be part of several
agendas, so an AGENDA_BEFORE property will not work globally.

I think we should start thinking from the existing functionalities
we have with `org-agenda-sorting-strategy', which is already quite
rich (30 strategies!) and flexible.

But I cannot think of something that would match the OP request
at the moment.

--
 Bastien