Re: [O] Attributes on HTML tables?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Attributes on HTML tables?
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 19:29:37 +0200

Hello,

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> than it is to automatically replace verbatim attribute code with plists,
>>> especially if there are all sorts of html irregularities in there.
>>
>> I prefer not to mix the two methods as it would be fragile (e.g. what
>> happens if an attribute is defined both outside and inside the :options
>> keyword?).
>
> Sorry, catching up in this thread -- my understanding was that
> :options was *always* available as a fallback, even with other
> attributes set before it.  Am I wrong?

:options is more or less required in LaTeX export. Other keywords may go
in different locations (optional arguments, mandatory arguments) so the
back-end has to understand the keywords provided. It also means there
will always be keywords it won't understand (i.e. which are not
hardcoded). The :options bucket is a good place for them.

On the other hand, I think we don't need it in HTML export. All
attributes go in the same place, so the backend just transforms the
plist into a string. Since it doesn't need to know about what it
transforms, the bucket becomes useless, maybe confusing.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou