Re: [O] having problems exporting to Beamer

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] having problems exporting to Beamer
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 11:47:08 -0600

>> Finally, I ran into a third and even more minor problem.  Illustrated by
>> the following example.
>>
>> #+TITLE: Example Presentation
>>
>> * Breeders Equation
>> \begin{equation*}
>>   R = h^{2}S
>> \end{equation*}
>>
>> - R :: response
>> - h^{2} :: heritability
>> - S :: selective distance
>>
>> When exported to a beamer presentation, what should be h squared is
>> instead exported as h^{2}.
>
> You explicitly tell the exporter to not export sub/superscript with
> ^:nil. Just set it to t.

Oh, this must be a bug in the old exporter which I grew to depend upon.
FWIW I always set ^:nil to t, so that I can use underscores w/o
exporting subscript words.  Previously even with ^:nil, superscripts
using curly braces would be exported as superscripts.  I guess I'll have
to find a new mode of operation with the new exporter.

Thanks,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte