Re: [O] Error with :wrap org in babel and 8.0-pre

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Error with :wrap org in babel and 8.0-pre
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 12:59:55 -0500

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
> John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I thought this was the proper syntax for printing stuff directly to a
>> LaTeX document:
>>
>> #+begin_src R :session :exports results :results output :wrap org
>>

> I think you want either ":results latex" or ":wrap latex".

Trying my best to follow the evolution here.... I've tried to discern
from the manual and Worg the best way to do something, generally try
it and fail. Then I post to the list and get an answer. A short time
later, I try doing what I think is approximately the same thing to
find that it seems to have changed since the last time:

To print multiple file names and =#+attr_stuff= options, the answer
was =:results output org :exports results=
- http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2012-08/msg01224.html

Trying to do the same exact thing a bit later was =:results output
wrap=, shortly followed up with the instruction to use =:wrap org=
- http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-03/msg01599.html

Now, it's =:wrap latex=, but I'm not sure why.

Is =:wrap org= appropriate for anything? I understood it as telling
Org-mode, "Hey, I want you to parse this results block as if it was
written directly in Org-mode." That seems like what I want to do.

Since I posted this question, I decided it would be easier to display
results in a small table. Something like this:

#+begin_src R :session r :exports results :results output :wrap org

library(ascii)

cat("Blah blah blah and this value is", var1,  "\n")

qty_table <- ascii(qtys[, c(1, 3, 4)], header = T, include.colnames =
T, include.rownames = F)

print(qty_table, type = "org")

#+end_src

That exports correctly (get my paragraphs and LaTeX table), but I
still get an error about \begin{org}. Using =:wrap latex= does not
work, as it's not interpreting the Org table properly.

Thanks for the assistance,
John

P.S. Sorry for the "venty" tone... I just hate 1) pestering the list
again and again for what I think are similar things and feeling
foolish and defeated by the documentation, and 2) having to wait to
have mysteries unveiled... especially when I'm using Org for
time-critical work things!