Re: [O] Error with :wrap org in babel and 8.0-pre

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Error with :wrap org in babel and 8.0-pre
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 16:29:31 -0500

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Sebastien Vauban
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Eric Schulte wrote:
>> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Wrong as is "the current behaviour is a bug". It is expected to produce
>>> "#+begin_src org" blocks. Its use case is to generate dead data:
>>
>> I disagree, the current behavior is *not* a bug.  From the manual.
>>
>> ,----
>> | 14.8.2.23 ':wrap'
>> |
>> | The ':wrap' header argument is used to mark the results of source block
>> | evaluation.  The header argument can be passed a string that will be
>> | appended to '#+BEGIN_' and '#+END_', which will then be used to wrap the
>> | results.  If not string is specified then the results will be wrapped in
>> | a '#+BEGIN/END_RESULTS' block.
>> `----
>>
>> I think you're confusing ":results org" with ":wrap org".
>
> And it's even possible to use ":wrap SRC org" to get the same as ":results
> org"...

True, however I don't get the same output as I used to with this and
think it's essentially useless now. =#+begin_src org/end_src= used to
give me the equivalent of essentially a block of Org-mode syntax that
would be interpreted and parsed just as if it had no #+begin/end
around it. Now, it's output to LaTeX in \begin{verbatim} /
\end{verbatim}. It's treated like source code, not Org-mode text to be
exported.

=#+begin_src org= seems to be no different than =#+begin_example= or
=#+begin_src lang :exports code :eval no=

John