Re: [O] Error with :wrap org in babel and 8.0-pre

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Error with :wrap org in babel and 8.0-pre
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 17:27:59 -0600

>> Sounds great.  Thanks for helping to improve the documentation!
>>

> No problem. Prior to that, I have unanswered questions:
> - Is the \begin/end{verbatim} wrapping the expected result for
> #+begin/end_src org?

Yes, this is the default export for any src block, see the following
page of the manual.  There are other options as well.

  (info "(org)Literal Examples")

> - Is =:results drawer= what we want as the syntax to get org syntax
> parsed by the exporter?

Yes.

> Just guessing from the name, it strikes me as a fix or enhancement for
> some other behavior/option that's now being applied to code as an
> after thought.

As I recall this solution came about because drawers are the best (maybe
only) way to demarcate a region without changing its semantics (which is
exactly what we want in this case).

> - Can we prune some options/syntax that's no longer necessary? For
> example, what does =:wrap= (no argument provided) do?

Wrap has been deprecated for some time.  Perhaps it has been long enough
that we can go ahead and remove it entirely from the code and
documentation at this point.

> Or =:wrap src org= / =:results output org=? It seems that these once
> served a purpose but no longer accomplish anything useful.

I would be happy to remove support for =:results org=.  It has been
supplanted by =:results drawer=, and I don't believe there is any other
use for it.  Unless someone complains, I'd be happy to remove both.

Cheers,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte