Re: [O] Error with :wrap org in babel and 8.0-pre

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Error with :wrap org in babel and 8.0-pre
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 13:56:00 -1000

Hi all,

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

>> - Can we prune some options/syntax that's no longer necessary? For
>> example, what does =:wrap= (no argument provided) do?
>
> Wrap has been deprecated for some time.  Perhaps it has been long enough
> that we can go ahead and remove it entirely from the code and
> documentation at this point.

I think :wrap is useful.  It provides a very direct way to generate code
that can be exported to an arbitrary LaTeX environment.  Say I find a new
LaTeX package that defines a =cutemarkup= environment, so I want
something like this the LaTeX file:

\begin{cutemarkup}
\end{cutemarkup}

Then, with babel:

#+begin_src lang :wrap cutemarkup
#+end_src

gets me what I want,

#+begin_cutemarkup
#+end_cutemarkup

IIRC, this is one reason why :wrap is there (thanks, Eric).

Perhaps this result is possible some other way? I don't know, but it
seems to me that :wrap is still potentially useful and we might want to
keep it around.

Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye