Re: [O] OT: Android, external HW-keyboard and Emacs

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] OT: Android, external HW-keyboard and Emacs
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 23:47:33 +0100

Karl Voit <address@hidden> writes:

> Unfortunately, my Android Emacs segfaults now (can't test it) and

I found that you can get the Emacs app started without segfaulting if
you reduce the font size.  Of course, that may make the text
illegible for you... :-(

The on-screen keyboard is not ideal, of course.  My bluetooth
mini-keyboard doesn't transmit CTRL unfortunately so not very useful.

Basically, we're almost there but not quite.  It sure would be nice to
have Emacs running properly on Android just to be able to have full
org-mode on the move.  Although I'm using MobileOrg more and more, I'm
only using it for capturing notes.  I really want appointments and
everything else as well!

I've only tried Emacs on my recently acquired Nexus 4 (phone) but will
try it out on a tablet (Nexus 7) tomorrow hopefully.  Not what I want in
the long term but worth trying, I guess.

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 and Org release_8.0-pre-347-g4b139e