Re: [O] Effort Per Day

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] Effort Per Day
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 11:54:10 -0400

daya <address@hidden> writes:

> There are some tasks on which I would like spend a specified time of the day.
> would like to set a per-day effort on these tasks.  The current effort system
> seem to support effort per task, not effort per day.  What is the recommended
> way of doing this?
>
> - daya

Hi daya,

For this I use a habit that tracks this work

* TODO Some project
** TODO Work on Some project at least 3 hours per day
   SCHEDULED: <2013-04-17 Wed .+1d/3d>
   :PROPERTIES:
   :STYLE: habit
   :LAST_REPEAT: [2013-04-16 Tue 17:00]
   :END:
** TODO Tasks one...

Near the end of the day I just do an agenda clock report (C-c a a R) and
see if Some project has the required amount of time on it or not.
If it does I mark the habit task complete.

For individual (non-project) tasks the habit is enough and I give it an
effort so the modeline shows time clocked so far today and the limit

* TODO Some task I need to do for an hour everyday
  SCHEDULED: <2013-04-17 Wed .+1d/3d>
  :PROPERTIES:
  :LAST_REPEAT: [2013-04-16 Tue 13:27]
  :Effort:   1:00