Re: [O] Release 8.0

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Release 8.0
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 00:39:55 +0530

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> You speak as though "other people" don't exist or matter.  IMO, you are
>> doing a disservice to other contributors by *not* naming them.
>
> All contributors, including you, have been thanked in the release
> notes I attached with the original announcement.
>
> We don't want everybody to copy-past this section in their reply :)

Perceptions matter.  A name that is repeated gets remembered.  All
credits go to that name while other names fade.  Politicians know that
perception matter.

I am just educating users on how warped their perceptions could be when
they thank just a single person for what is essentially the work of many
hands.

Users of Free Software should be appreciative of and show respect to all
hands that did the grunt work.

Jambunathan K.