Re: [O] New maintainer

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] New maintainer
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 18:47:38 +0800

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm stepping down as the Org maintainer.
>
> Carsten accepted to step up, if the community agrees.
> Please raise your thumbs up or your concerns, if any.
>
> I'm glad I had this opportunity to work as "Robin" and
> I'm even more glad "Batman" may strike back!
>
> :)

Hats off, Bastien, it was deftly done.

It's also been a pleasure to witness the surprisingly successful
marriage of two different coding styles: Bastien's damn-the-torpedoes
patch-the-SOB-and-get-it-out-the-door approach, matched with Nicolas'
return to first principles: structure and cleanliness. I'm quite
convinced that the two approaches have been equally essential to Org
mode's current success (and advance apologies for any perceived
mischaracterizations!).

I'm one of the post-Carsten young'uns, but I can't imagine we'll have
any complaints with the man who started it all...

Eric