Re: [O] Greater Elements

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Greater Elements
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 23:56:03 +0200

Hello,

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> citing from 'org-element.el':
>
> ,------------------------------------------------------------------
> | Element containing other elements (and only elements) are called
> | greater elements.  Concerned types are: `center-block', `drawer',
> | `dynamic-block', `footnote-definition', `headline', `inlinetask',
> | `item', `plain-list', `property-drawer', `quote-block', `section'
> | and `special-block'.
> `------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> I find the 'containing other elements (and only elements)' confusing.
> Don't some of these greater elements contain plain text as well as Org
> objects?

None of them contains _directly_ plain text or an object.

But they can contain an element that will, in turn, contain plain text
or an object. Note that there are only three such elements: paragraphs,
verse-blocks and table-rows (the latter being a special case as it can
only contain one object type: table-cells).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou