Re: [O] New Exporter: plain list depth

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] New Exporter: plain list depth
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 00:10:25 +0200

Hello,

Yasushi SHOJI <address@hidden> writes:

> What is the best way to know the depth of list entries when I writing
> an exporter back-end?
>
> let's say I have:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC org
>   * headline 1
>     - list 1
>     - list 2
>       - list 2.1
> #+END_SRC
>
> I'd like to convert it to:
>
> #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
>   * headline 1
>   - list 1
>   - list 2
>   -- list 2.1
> #+END_EXAMPLE
>

> To generate "--" at the list 2.1, I'd like to find out the list 2.1 is
> at depth 2, so that I can use (make-string 2 ?-) for my bullet.

Something like the following should work, assuming ITEM is the item
element you have to transcode:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(let ((parent item) (depth 0))
  (while (and (setq parent (org-export-get-parent parent))
              (case (org-element-type parent)
                (item t)
                (plain-list (incf depth)))))
  depth)
#+end_src

> Does org-list-to-generic work in this situation?

As a good rule of thumb, it's best to rely on tools provided in ox.el.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou