Re: [O] converting people to Emacs and org-mode

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] converting people to Emacs and org-mode
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 07:19:20 +0200

Sebastien Vauban writes:
> What I once heard from ergonomical studies is that "black on white"
> was better than "white on black". Though, is it based on real grounds?

All these studies dependend on which CRT was used (most of which
produced blurry pictures for dark-on-light content) and are mostly moot
with current LCD monitors.  The remaining differences are due to
environmental conditions, but if you follow the lighting recommendations
for office work and adjust the screen brightness (most LCD screens
default much too bright as that looks better in stores) you'll be almost
certainly much better off with a light background and black script, for
the simple reason that your eyes' pupils will be smaller and the depth
of focus larger that way.

Regards,
Achim.