Re: [O] Org-mode documentation within Emacs

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode documentation within Emacs
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 17:14:39 +0200

* Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> wrote:

> Alan Schmitt wrote:
>> Karl Voit writes:
>>
>>> The repository[1] does contain the doc-directory. I compiled the whole
>>> Org-mode repos including the doc sub-tree. So no compile error while
>>> the docu is generated.
>>>
>>> "C-h i" was my first guess but it does not list Org-mode at all :-(
>>
>> This is what I have in my configuration files:
>>
>> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
>> (add-to-list 'Info-directory-list "/Users/schmitta/.emacs.d/org/info")
>> #+END_SRC
>
> Don't play with `Info-directory-list', it's not intended to be settable by the
> user. Set the `Info-default-directory-list' variable instead.

Hm.

My Org-mode directory does no contain any directory or file named
"info". I tried with the "doc" directory instead with no success.

I manually compiled "make doc" and the "make info". The latter had
following output:

,----
| address@hidden ~/.emacs.d/contrib/org-mode (git)-[master] % make info
| make -C doc info
| make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/vk/hosts/all/config/emacs.d/contrib/org-mode/doc'
| make[1]: Nothing to be done for `info'.
| make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/vk/hosts/all/config/emacs.d/contrib/org-mode/doc'
| address@hidden ~/.emacs.d/contrib/org-mode (git)-[master] %
`----

Is there something wrong with my repos?

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github