Re: [O] OT: Android, external HW-keyboard and Emacs

From: 白い熊
Subject: Re: [O] OT: Android, external HW-keyboard and Emacs
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 09:47:26 -1000

>* Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Basically, we're almost there but not quite.  It sure would be nice
>> have Emacs running properly on Android just to be able to have full
>> org-mode on the move.

I've built glibc 2.17 for Android, now I compile all GNU apps natively on my
phone (Samsung Galaxy Note II). Using http://kumatux.org/ (my app) I can
install any compiled app anywhere locally on the system, withoit messing with
the underlying file structure - originally I started developing this for my
laptop, but particularly useful for Android...

So, I have full Emacs (latest bzr) running on the phone. Using Hacker's Keybod
app works well.

I've been upgrading kumatux.org, will probably take me a month or two, to
finish the latest rebuild - I'm converting to running out of Clisp, rather than
just shell scripts.

Then I'm planning to publish a guide how to build emacs natively on Android, as
well an put the built tarballs somewhere...

So, we're already there! I just need to polish what I'm using, no I can then
publish it. I'll try to make sure not to forget to publicize here also.

--
address@hidden