Re: [O] Android MobileOrg: appointments without SCHEDULED/DEADLINE

From: Henning Weiss
Subject: Re: [O] Android MobileOrg: appointments without SCHEDULED/DEADLINE
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 19:21:05 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 6:41 AM, Rémi Vanicat <address@hidden> wrote:
Karl Voit <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi!
>
> * Matthew Jones <address@hidden> wrote:
>> - If you have issues and you don't tell us then we have no way of helping
>> you and the problem might not go away.
>
> I mainly use MobileOrg on my Android phone to capture URLs and
> tasks and I am *very* thankfully for this possibility!
>

> However, with Google getting untrustworthy (Reader, APIs, ...), I
> want to get rid of Google Calendar as well. As you can read in [1],
> many people are creating appointments by simply adding an active
> time-stamp without SCHEDULED/DEADLINE or TODO states:
>
> ** <2013-05-07 Tue 9:00-11:00> this is an event/appointment   :rem15:

I use :

** this is an event/appointment   :rem15:
  <2013-05-07 Tue 9:00-11:00>

And my android sync it with the agenda.

I Just confirmed by testing that the bug is with timestamp on the
headline line.

My main problem with mobilorg is that it do not translate

  <2013-05-07 Tue 9:00-11:00 +1w>

in a recurring event, and I would really like this to be solved.

You are correct, repeating timestamps do not work yet. You can find the associated issue here. This is one of the next major things we'll be working on.

Henning