Re: [O] Using Eric Schulte's starter kit with org mode from source

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Using Eric Schulte's starter kit with org mode from source
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 12:25:06 -0600

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric Schulte writes:
>

>>> I've turned on the debugger, and there is something that I find a bit
>>> strange. Here are the last few lines.
>>>
>>> ,----
>>> |
>>> load("/var/folders/68/fvntfrw92y50gkk_67rkhsfw0000gn/T/org-export-process77683E90"
>>>  nil t)
>>> "/var/folders/68/fvntfrw92y50gkk_67rkhsfw0000gn/T/org-export-process77683E90"))
>>> `----
>>>
>>> Why is it loading the second file first? Shouldn't it load init.el
>>> first? Is it because of the "after-init-hook"?
>>
>> Yes, the starter kit waits to load on the after-init-hook so that the
>> Emacs package system will be fully loaded.  That is why the other file
>> you load on the command line is loaded first.
>
> Then asynchronous export can't work, as it needs ox in that file. I've
> changed my init.el to loading org before the after-init-hook, and I go
> further but then I have an error about the "koma-letter" being
> unknown. It seems that to go this way I would need to load all of my
> export settings before the after-init-hook.
>
> So going the route of having a special init file for that seems even
> more relevant now.

Yes, I'd agree.

> So I'll ask again: if I want to put some configuration in another .org
> file, it is better to #+include it in my main org configuration file,
> or to org-babel-load-file it?

I don't know.

> Thanks again for your help,
>
> Alan
>
> PS: I really don't understand how configuration options that are loaded
> in the after-init-hook can be used during asynchronous export. Is it
> working for you (with a more usual org install)?

I haven't used asynchronous export.

When I do run exports from the command line, I run Emacs with --batch,
and I don't load any of my personal configuration.  That way the export
can easily be distributed as it doesn't rely on my personal config.

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte