[O] the "right way" to build OMPL export and import

From: Alexis Gallagher
Subject: [O] the "right way" to build OMPL export and import
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 21:25:01 +0100

Hi,

I would love to be able to export org documents to opal, so that I can read
them with the various commercial outlining apps on platforms without emacs --
e.g, iOS. The ideal thing would be if I could import OPML as well.

Is anyone working on this already?

If not, does anyone have any pointers on the "right way" to go about this, so
that the work would go smoothly and be acceptable upstream? This seems like a
good time to ask given the recent consolidation of export facilities around the
internal parser org-element.el.

I presume any OPML exporter should be based on that, correct? Is any one of the
existing exporters a particularly clean example to work from?

For OPML import, is org-element-interpret-data the best starting point?

Alexis