[O] Question about org-agenda-goto-today (bug?)

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: [O] Question about org-agenda-goto-today (bug?)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 10:37:03 -0500

I am finding that when I use this command (bound to "." in the org
agenda), I often do NOT go to today.

Looking at the code, it seems like org-mode may be guessing today based
on text markup:

(let ((tdpos (text-property-any (point-min) (point-max) 'org-today t)))

We jump to this position, instead of checking the clock, if we can find it.

If it helps, I often leave emacs running for days at a time, which I
suspect could be confusing it about what today is.  E.g., this just
happened to me when I tried to update my org-agenda after having been
away from it overnight.

Perhaps it would be an improvement to look at what we find at TDPOS and
check to verify that it corresponds somehow to org-today?