Re: [O] Can't export LaTeX source code blocks

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Can't export LaTeX source code blocks
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 11:16:20 +0200

Hello Thomas,

Thomas S. Dye wrote:

>>> I'm not sure either.
>>>
>>> This is not a problem from the exporter as `org-export-execute-babel-code'
>>> on your ECM makes the src block disappear.
>>
>> The only buggy behavior is the first one: the fact that the "code" block
>> disappears, as you say.
>
> I took a quick look at ob-latex.el. The code there sets `:exports
> results' and then, IIUC, goes on its way without checking if :exports
> has been set in the buffer.
>
> It looks to me like ob-latex.el would need to be revised.

I don't have the impression that the error lies in `ob-latex' as the other
`ob-LANG' files don't either make any special check -- while all graphics-only
languages do, as well, have the default of "results" for ":exports".

I have the impression the problem is to search in `ob-core'
(`org-babel-execute-src-block') or `ob-exp'... But that's not yet clear to me
where that could be.

FYI, I have collected extra information about the problem: it is the file-wide
property which is not taken into account (only in the case of the LaTeX code
blocks, though).

If we put the header argument ":exports both" on the code block itself, I get
the expected result...

#+TITLE:     ECM skeleton.org
#+PROPERTY: tangle skeleton.cls
#+PROPERTY: exports both

* ECM LaTeX KO

Code block:

#+name: ecm-code-block-1
#+begin_src latex
\DescribeMacro{\dummyMacro}
This macro does nothing.\index{doing nothing|usage}
#+end_src

Results block:

#+results: ecm-code-block-1
#+BEGIN_LaTeX
\DescribeMacro{\dummyMacro}
This macro does nothing.\index{doing nothing|usage}
#+END_LaTeX

* ECM LaTeX okay

#+name: ecm-code-block-2
#+begin_src latex :exports both
\DescribeMacro{\dummyMacro}
This macro does nothing.\index{doing nothing|usage}
#+end_src

Results block:

#+results: ecm-code-block-2
#+BEGIN_LaTeX
\DescribeMacro{\dummyMacro}
This macro does nothing.\index{doing nothing|usage}
#+END_LaTeX

Best regards,
  Seb

--