Re: [O] Exporting caption with raw results from inline source blocks

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [O] Exporting caption with raw results from inline source blocks
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 13:18:49 +0200

"Sebastien Vauban" <address@hidden>
writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Eric Schulte wrote:
>> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:

>>> What about always removing trailing newline characters in _inline_ src
>>> blocks results?
>>
>> That is certainly an option.  It could be argued that the point of "raw"
>> is to not change the output at all
>
> That was one point I tried to attract attention onto: since short, we already
> modify the "raw" output (by "cycling" on tables-alike results). We don't have
> anymore a real "raw" results which would completely stay untouched.

I'd also vote for not modifying raw results -- at least in the inline
case.

In the case of the added linebreak, I think it is easy to add from
inside the code block it if I want it, but hard to remove.  For me it
seems really weird that I have to post-process a 'raw' result to get a
'really raw' result.
Also the added newline is inconsistent with the non-raw result, which
gets exported as \texttt{11} and not \texttt{11\\}.
And the added '\n' breaks (at least) inline results in captions.
Does not adding the '\n' break anything at all?

Having said all that, I am also ok with the org-babel-inline-result-wrap
defcustom.  Thanks for implementing that, Eric.

Regards,
Andreas