[O] Number formatting in tables for LaTeX export

From: Michael Gauland
Subject: [O] Number formatting in tables for LaTeX export
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 01:02:26 +0000 (UTC)

I have a table representing a memory map, something like this:

    | Start | End  | Purpose                        |
    |-------+------+--------------------------------|
    |  0000 | 1E08 | Bootloader                     |
    |  1E09 | 1FFF | Unused (Bootloader expansion)  |
    |  2000 | 3F39 | Application                    |

When I export to LaTeX, '1E08' and '1E09' are interpreted as decimal
exponent numbers, and are exported as '1(08)' and '1(09)'.

The only way I've found to prevent this is to include the line:

    #+ATTR_LaTeX: :mode verbatim

which produces a rather ugly fixed-font table.

Is there an existing solution to this? If not, any ideas for addressing it?

Kind Regards,
Mike Gauland