Re: [O] org-blog 0.9 release

From: Rafael
Subject: Re: [O] org-blog 0.9 release
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 22:05:45 -0500

Michael Alan Dorman <address@hidden> writes:

> I've just tagged version 0.90 of my org-blog minor mode on github[1].
>
> This is intended to be a simple but powerful assistant to using Org for
> writing blog posts---there's only two commands at this point, and I
> don't anticipate that number going beyond three anytime soon (though I
> do have that third one planned! ;)
>
> At the moment it only supports WordPress blogs, but the design is very
> modular, and adding support for other back-ends (including, I hope,
> static publishing back-ends) should be relatively painless.  If it's
> not, I would be happy to change things to make it so, once I understand
> the issues.

Thanks a lot for your work! I just tried it and it worked for me, to
post a basic org-mode file. Are you aware of
https://github.com/punchagan/org2blog? It also has the purpose to post
to wordpress from org, however its author has been busy lately, and
apparently major work is going to be needed to make all its features to
work with the new exporter. I hope that you could find the time and
motivation to make your package deal with:

- inclusion of image files
- matematical symbols (that is, wordpress can display LaTeX stuff like
  $latex a^2+b^2=c^2$ nicely.
- syntax code highlighting, native to wordpress.

See for example http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/29178/,
where some of these feature requests were done for org2blog, and for
example my post:
http://graphtheoryinlatex.wordpress.com/2012/06/02/a-cayley-graph/ to
see these features in action.

Rafael