Re: [O] [new exporter] how can I export drawers?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] how can I export drawers?
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 09:55:12 +0200

On 1.5.2013, at 14:28, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:

> "Thomas S. Dye" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> I haven't been following closely, so I'm just checking that you're aware
>> of a new variable org-export-allow-bind-keywords, which could play a
>> role in the behavior you are seeing.
>
> Thanks Tom.  I am indeed aware of this variable.  And it usually
> works.  For some reason, some times the bindings are ignored but not in
> any consistent manner.  I am going to keep trying to see if I can come
> up with an example that is reproducible but so far no luck!
>
> I should add that, generally, the new exporter is excellent.
>
> My problem has been that I have so many documents on the go (from slides
> to papers, memos, minutes and notes) that the conversion process from
> old to new exporter is causing me a bit of stress.  Typically, when I
> re-visit a document that was prepared with the old exporter, it's
> because I need it *now* and I rush into making the changes that are
> needed for the new exporter... :( Obviously, I need to use org more
> effectively for my time management ;-)

Hi Eric,

I can see that this must be painful, so you are one of the
people who suffer from this more that others.  On the other
hand, this also makes you an asset for Org-mode, because
you keep testing the exporter in many different ways.

I hope that you can stay patient and keep reporting problems
- by the end of this you will have your complete environment
working and the exporter will have gotten better.

Thanks!

- Carsten